Knitting Fever INC (KFI) had its humble beginnings in 1974 when Sion Elalouf opened his first needlepoint and knitting store in Great Neck, New York. He was inspired by the beautiful and exotic nature of European and Japanese yarns and by the talented textile artists he met.
In the early 80s KFI gave up the retail business to focus on bringing these specialty yarns and fabulous designers to retailers across the USA. Over the past decades KFI supplied the nation with the highest quality yarn lines supported by the greatest designers the industry has seen to date.
KFI uses lessons learned as a retailer to service their customers. This insight allows them to provide the best value and the most cutting edge yarns and support available today. From world class designers like Noro, Debbie Bliss, Louisa Harding, Elsebeth Lavold, Ella Rae, Jane Ellison, Cornelia Tuttle Hamilton, Jenny Watson, and Jean Moss– to some of the oldest and most respected yarn manufacturers in Europe like Sirdar, Sublime, Katia, Laines du Nord, and OnLine, KFI takes pride in supplying the best yarns and the best support from around the world.
- Australia: Prestige Yarns distributes Debbie Bliss, Louisa Harding, Araucania, Noro
- Canada: Diamond Yarns distributes Araucania, Debbie Bliss, Ella Rae, Elsebeth Lavold, Ester Bitran Hand Dyes, Katia, Louisa Harding, Mirasol, Noro, OnLine, Queensland, Sirdar, Sublime
- Finland: Duo Design distributes Araucania, Noro, Debbie Bliss
- France: Elle Tricote distributes Debbie Bliss, Noro
- Germany: Designer Yarns distributes Noro, Mirasol, Louisa Harding, Debbie Bliss, Araucania
- Sweden: Nysta Garn Och Textil distributes Noro, Debbie Bliss, Araucania, Louisa Harding
- United Kingdom: Designer Yarns distributes Debbie Bliss, Noro, Louisa Harding, Araucania, Mirasol
If you're a consumer, you can reach us through this page. If you're a retailer and aren't yet a customer of ours, please get in touch with us here. Our current wholesale customers can place orders online—use the "wholesale" link above—or use the information below to reach us.
- Website questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Knitting technical support: email@example.com
- Knitting Fever questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Euro Yarns questions: email@example.com
- Apple application questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
K. F. I.
PO Box 336
315 Bayview Avenue
Amityville, NY 11701
Tel: (516) 546-3600
Fax: (516) 546-6871
We are always looking for qualified sales associates. If you feel you have the qualifications that we are looking for, email us!