You have no items in your cart.
A Worldwide Project
- The Mirasol Project — ... supports local communities in Peru through the sales of the Mirasol Yarn Collection, which includes yarn made from the animals tended by these communities for generations in the Peruvian highlands.
Charitable Knitting Organizations
- Afghans for Afghans
- Binky Patrol — All volunteer, national, non-profit organization making and distributing homemade blankets to children (age 0-18) born HIV+, drug-addicted, infected with AIDS or other chronic & terminal illnesses, those who are abused, in foster care or experiencing trauma of any kind.
- Caps for Kids — Providing needy children with cozy hats to keep them warm is what Caps for Kids is all about. Nearly one million caps, along with other children's accessories, have been knitted and crocheted by volunteers since the program began. The hats are given to non-profit, non denominational agencies in the communities of the donors.
- Care Wear — Care Wear is a nationwide group of volunteers who knit, crochet, and/or sew, providing handmade baby items to hospitals. All Care Wear items are given free to infants, children and their parents.
- Charitable Crafters
- ChemoCaps — A wonderful organization that encourages knitters and crocheters to knit and crochet caps for folks who have lost their hair due to chemotherapy treatments. If you need a pattern, we have created a Knit Chemo Cap and Crochet Chemo Cap pattern for your convenience.
- Project Linus — With over 300 chapters in the United States, our organization supplies blankets to children in need who is seriously ill or traumatized in some way -- in other words "children in need of a big hug."
- Quick List of Finished Goods Donation Centers — This is a very useful list of links to various charities that accept donations of finished goods.
- Silent Witness and Sheila's Shawls — Sheila's Shawls and Paul's Scarves is a national project that creates, collects, and distributes hand-knit, crocheted, sewn, or woven shawls and scarves to families and friends of victims of domestic violence, as well as to survivors themselves.
- The Web of Hope — A knitting and crocheting group who works strictly for charity (the Red Cross).
- Warm Up America — Volunteers donate their time to crochet and knit a 7" X 9" rectangle (or more) to be joined into full-size afghans. Over 120,000 of these afghans have been donated to victims of natural disasters, battered women's shelters, the homeless, and others less fortunate than ourselves.
Crafts and Projects
- Angora Cottage — Selling handpainted, handspun, commercial yarn, patterns and supplies. Also offering an extensive selection of exotic, multicolor and solid color roving for spinners and felters.
- Blissed Out Knitting
- Fabric at Discount — Fabric for fashion, quilting and home decor at discounted prices. Silk, fleece, wool, drapery prints and upholstery fabric, cotton prints from major lines and much more. A large variety of discounted sewing notions, trims, books, and patterns.
- Free Crochet Patterns — Find the best free crochet patterns, including some great free crochet poncho patterns, free crochet shawl patterns, free crochet afghan patterns, and more!
- Free Knitting Patterns — Your online resource for easy and free knitting patterns, including free knitting patterns for ponchos, scarfs, shawls, and hats.
- Free Quilt Patterns — Your online resource for free quilt patterns, including easy quilt patterns for beginners, information on fabric stores, and more.
- Garden and Hearth — Here you will find nuts and bolts articles to help the beginning knitter, as well as fun and funky information to benefit the experienced knitter.
- Hatternique — Originally designed men's & women's knitting and crochet hat patterns.
- Keepsake Favors — Spectacular party favors, baby shower favors, anniversary favors, and wedding favors plus a complete selection of favor supplies, custom chocolates, mints, and almonds.
- Knitting Bags — Carry all your knitting needs in our handcrafted, fully-lined, zippered carry-bags.
- Knitting ebook — The Knit Stitch offers an instructional, how to knitting ebook with free bonuses and patterns included.
- Mackerilla Project Bags — Mackerilla Design's fun and functional handbags, totes, "Project" bags and backpack "Cruzers," all with that unmistakable Mackerilla style. For work, play, parenthood or school, women love the distinctive Mackerilla designs. Their practical features and stylish fabrics are unique to any bag that is out there!
- Patterns for Your Home — Even before Elias Howe invented the first rendition of the sewing machine in 1846, sewing, knitting and crafting were well known activities and an essential skill. Today we are simply able to purchase clothing and other goods from local shops but that wasn’t always the case. Clothing, blankets, curtains and other everyday items we take for granted had to be handmade in the past. Now when we receive handmade gifts from our family and friends, we cherish the time and effort it took to make these items and pass them down through the family for years to come.
- Queen Bead, Etc. — Handmade gifts, pins, magnets, and jewelry made from polymer clay, glass beads, and craft wire. Maker of the Original Girlfriend Pin, My Angel, and more keepsake gifts for your wedding, bridal shower, baby shower, or a special day just for you.
- Scrapbooking — A great resouce for scrapbooking ideas, scrapbook poems, free scrapbook pages, free scrapbook downloads, and more!
- Sewing Now — Our online resource for free sewing patterns, free cross stitch patterns, free embroidery designs, information on fabric stores, and more.
- The Dyeworks — This group offers natural dyes and instruction to knitters who wish to dye their own yarns naturally.
How To Videos
- How to Knit Flounce — This video was made by one of our customers & demonstrates the proper technique for knitting with the yarn flounce.
Knitting Guilds and Organizations
- Atlanta Knitting Guild
- Cincinnati Knitting Group — Knitters (or wannabe knitters!) of all ages and backgrounds in search of learning, chatting, and crafting in the Cincinnati/N. Ky area. Come ready to share - food, fun, knowledge!
- Crochet Guild of America
- CYCA — Craft Yarn Council of America
- Knit-Wits (St. Charles, IL) — "Not your grandmother's knitting circle"
- Knitting Guild of America — TKGA is the U.S.'s national guild. Membership dues include a subscription to the guild's magazine, CastOn. An educational organization with many opportunities for knitters to improve their skills.
- Machine Knitters Guild of San Diego — MKGSD is an independent non-profit service organization founded in 1983. Our main goal is to promote the art and enjoyment of machine knitting by having demonstrations and seminars to encourage and educate our members.
- Minnesota Knitters' Guild — Since 1985... promoting interest, appreciation, education and fellowship in the art of knitting
- Southern Vermont Yarn Crafters Guild — meet at Mountainspun Farm & fiber arts studio Whitingham VT; 2nd Thursday monthly from 7-9 pm; We welcome all levels of crafters in handspinning, frame loom weaving, needlepoint, knitting , crochet, rug hooking (with yarn), any craft involving yarn. To RSVP and For Driving Directions please email us at Mtnspun@sover.net or visit us online - we look forward to seeing you!
- The National Needlework Association
- Creative Knitting Magazine
- Debbie Bliss Magazine — Best known for her luxurious yarns and chic patterns, renowned British knitwear designer Debbie Bliss launches Debbie Bliss Knitting Magazine. Published for new and accomplished knitters who gravitate toward the unique story and personality behind the products they love, Debbie Bliss Knitting Magazine showcases Debbie’s fresh sensibility, charming wit, and modern designs.
- Family Circle Easy Knitting
- Interweave Knits Magazine
- Knit 'N Style Magazine — A contemporary bi-monthly magazine featuring about 20 sweaters plus patterns for children's clothing, home decor, and gift items.
- Knitters Magazine
- Vogue Knitting — Vogue Knitting is the premier magazine in the rapidly growing hand-knitting market. With exclusive articles, tips and techniques, Vogue Knitting is the ultimate magazine for today's hand crafter.
Patterns & Designs
- Fresh Stitches — Amigurumi Crochet Patterns made with Ella Rae Classic. Enjoy!
Suppliers and Designers
- I-Tech Security — Specializing in computer repair, Hosted VOIP phone systems, and CCTV security systems. Other services include new computer sales and service as well as network security consultations.